The aim of the Subcommittee is to promote and put into evidence the important contribution that chemistry provides to the development biotechnological research and industry, in particular in the wide fields Medical Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology, Biosafety and Bioeconomy.
To that end, the SubCommittee will provide a focus for the dissemination of current knowledge and the development of future directions in the study at molecular level of biological systems and in their use for a variety of purposes, such as:
- production of compounds of industrial interest, including
- research on biological targets and development of biomolecules for drug research;
- generation of physiological responses of therapeutic interest;
- development of environmentally sustainable chemical processes.
- Sub-committee Meeting, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 30 July 2011 (pdf – 497kb)