On 1 Apr 2019, IUPAC has released the results of its first search for the Top Ten Emerging Technologies in Chemistry. See release and background.
This initiative started in 2019 in recognition of IUPAC’s Centenary. Its end goal is to showcase the value of Chemistry (and chemists!) and to inform the general public as to how the chemical sciences contribute to the well-being of Society and the sustainability of Planet Earth. The Top 10 Emerging Technologies in Chemistry will be selected and published each year.
The 2019 Top Ten are …
- Enantio-Selective Organocatalysis
- Solid-State Batteries
- Flow Chemistry
- Reactive Extrusion
- Metal Organic Frameworks (MFOs)
- Directed Evolution of Selective Enzymes
- Turning Plastics to Monomers
- Reversible Deactivation of Radical Polymerization
A Call for 2020 has been released mid June 2019 > See details and enter your nomination