IUPAC PERIODIC TABLE CHALLENGE 2.0
Which car logo used to be an element symbol?
Where to find americium at home and why Mendeleev didn’t like tellurium?
If so, the Periodic Table Challenge is just for you.
in Chemistry International
- Primo Levi vs Dmitri Mendeleev by Elena Ghibaudi (Page 2)
- Towards a Digital IUPAC by Leah R. McEwen (Page 15)
- IUPAC Periodic Table Challenge by Juris Meija (Page 18)
& News, Projects, imPACt, and more ...
A Message from IUPAC
Christopher Brett, President
Lynn M. Soby, Executive Director
Apply, Nominate, and Participate
- 2020 CHEMRAWN VII Prize for Green Chemistry – Call For Nominations (deadline May 31)
- IUPAC Distinguished Women in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (deadline tba)
- 2021 IUPAC-SOLVAY International Award for Young Chemists (deadline tba)
See ALL Awards
IUPAC receives the 2019 OPCW-The Hague Award
IUPAC Shop is OPEN!
The default distribution of CI is now digital and those who wish to receive a print copy are invited to subscribe.
LOGIN also to review your profile and mailing address, and to reaffirm what personal information IUPAC can share publicly.
Chemistry and Environment
Chemistry Applied to World Needs
Publications and Cheminformatics Data Standards
Chemistry and Human Health
Nomenclature and Terminology
Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development
Chemistry and Industry
IUPAC Periodic Table Challenge
Play the Periodic Table challenge to discover the amazing world of chemical elements.
Wonder why plutonium got symbol Pu and not Pl? Which car logo used to be element symbol, where to find americium at home and why Mendeleev didn’t like tellurium?
Join in and find out!