JCAMP-DX is the IUPAC standard format family for spectral data exchange. IUPAC assumed responsibility for the JCAMP-DX range of scientific standards from the Joint Committee on Atomic and Molecular Physical Data (JCAMP) in 1995. Active development of JCAMP-DX was halted in 2006 with the prospect of an XML replacement but this did not eventuate. Continued usage of the specification has made it a de facto standard for exchange of spectral data and some updates have been proposed for existing formats and new standards to cover techniques not yet covered.
Below are links to finalized JCAMP-DX standards and some useful sources of JCAMP-DX data files.
- JCAMP-DX for Infrared 4.24 (1988) (PDF)
- JCAMP-CS for Chemical Structure (1991) (PDF)
- JCAMP-DX for NMR (1993) (PDF)
- JCAMP-DX for MS (1994) (PDF)
- Guidelines on nuclear magnetic resonance computerized databases (IUPAC Recommendations 1995)
- An Extension to the JCAMP-DX Standard File Format, JCAMP-DX V.5.01 (IUPAC Recommendations 1999)
- JCAMP-DX. A standard format for the exchange of ion mobility spectrometry data (IUPAC Recommendations 2001)
- Guidelines for the representation of pulse sequences for solution-state nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry (IUPAC Recommendations 2001)
- JCAMP-DX for electron magnetic resonance (EMR) (IUPAC Recommendations 2006)
- JCAMP-DX for circular dichroism spectra and metadata (IUPAC Recommendations 2012)
Sources of JCAMP-DX Files
- Original IUPAC JCAMP-DX test files set
- Robert Lancashire’s Repository of JCAMP-DX files
- NIST Webbook