2019 will be an exciting year for the IUPAC community and we invite you to join in the celebrations.
This Concentrate brings you a collection of links and updates on what is happening now and what is being planned. Going forward, we will provide you with a similar update every month or so!
Help us to spread the word using the hashtags #iupac100 #iypt2019 #iupac2019Paris or #iupac2019 on your social media networks.
Submit your update by using the Comment feature at the bottom of the page.
– IUPAC100 website: iupac.org/100
– 2019 International Year of the Periodic Table of the Chemical Elements, website: iypt2019.org
– IUPAC 2019 Paris Congress/General Assembly: www.iupac2019.org
Call for input
– Periodic Table of Younger Chemists – on-going call for nominations https://iupac.org/100/pt-of-chemist/
– Global Breakfast – a Virtual Networking Event scheduled 12 February 2019 – plan your own https://iupac.org/100/global-breakfast/
– Periodic Table Challenge – planning phase: submit your questions for the Challenge
– ACS IYPT activities – get support from ACS Committee on International Activities for your own IYPT activity
Save the date
– 29 Jan 2019 – IYPT Opening, UNESCO, Paris, France – http://www.iypt2019.org/events
– 12 February 2019 – Global Breakfast – a Virtual Networking Event – https://iupac.org/100/global-breakfast/
– 5-12 July 2019 – IUPAC World Chemistry Congress & General Assembly, Paris, France – https://www.iupac2019.org
– 28 July 2019 – IUPAC 100th birthday!
Elements on the celebratory IUPAC100 Periodic Table of Younger Chemists will be revealed throughout the period from July 2018 to July 2019 with 8 to 10 elements revealed per month. Nominations are on-going and till May 2019! Nominate – https://iupac.org/100/pt-of-chemist/
– 1 July 2018 – The first 4 elements – Cu, Pb, Au, and Ag – were presented at MACRO18 in Cairns, Australia, www.macro18.org – https://iupac.org/100/first-four-elements-of-periodic-table-of-younger-chemists-to-be-announced-at-macro2018/
– 10 July 2018 – The next 4 elements – Fe, C, Sn, and S were presented at ICCE in Sydney, Australia, www.icce2018.org
Check the table to meet the Younger Chemists behind these elements.
– 4 Aug 2018 – Hg, Zn, As, and Sb will be presented at ICCC in Sendai, Japan, http://iccc2018.jp
– 19 Aug 2018 – P, Co, Pt, and Ni at the ACS in Boston, MA
– 9 September – Bismuth, Magnesium, Hydrogen, and Oxygen at ICGC Bangkok, Thailand
– 16 September – Nitrogen, Barium, Chlorine, and Manganese at ICOS Florence, Italy
– 4 October – Molybdenum, Tungsten, Tellurium, and Strontium at 2nd Symposium on Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Southern Africa, in Gaborone, Botswana
– 9 October – Zr, U, Ti, and Y at 33° Congreso Latinoamericano de Química (33-CLAQ)
Misc & Fun
When Albert met Charlie from @NobelPrize
IYPT2019 video from the Chemistry Master – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4up_KtiQs8
Previously – sample 1 (13 June 2018)