The Power of Chemistry Education for Advancing SDGs
ICCE is a global platform for educators, teachers, chemists, and scientists around the world to bring chemical education closer to sustainable prosperity and pave the way to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Specifically, the objectives are:
1) To provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas related to chemical education among researchers, educators, students, and other stakeholders from around the world.
2) To facilitate collaboration and networking among individual and institutions involved in chemical education, with the aim of fostering partnerships and joint initiatives that can improve the quality and accessibility of chemical education globally.
3) To contribute to the achievement of the UN SDGs by promoting the role of chemistry education in addressing global challenges such as climate change and inequality.
The program is designed to discuss the role of chemistry education not only in classroom setting but also in societal context. Novel teaching and learning methods in chemistry are still the key topics in this conference. Professional development of educators at all levels (school and university) will be included. Societal context of chemistry education such as sustainability, ethics, diversity, equity, and inclusion will also be emphasized in this conference.
The program will include nine sessions:
1) Chemistry Education in Informal Setting and Life-long Learning Context
2) Redesigning Chemistry Laboratory Teaching
3) Innovative technology for chemistry education
4) Systems thinking in Chemistry Education
5) Chemistry and Science Teacher Education and Continuous Professional Development
6) Chemistry Education for Environmental and Social Sustainability
7) Policy, Reform, and Quality Assurance in Chemistry Education
8) Ethics, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Chemistry Education
9) Emerging Educational Trends in Chemistry in the 21st Century
ICCE 2024 will also include the 12th International Symposium on Microscale Chemistry.
Chair of the Conference
Professor Supawan Tantayanon
Chair of the Organizing Committee
Associate Professor Supakorn Boonyuen,
Faculty of Science and Technology, Thammasat University, Thailand
Chair of the Scientific Committee
Associate Professor Taweetham Limpanuparb
Mahidol University International College, Mahidol University, Thailand
Dr Pumidech Puthongkham
Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
IUPAC will be providing support towards workshop and symposium related to the theme of Systems Thinking in Chemistry. Interested Young scientists should inquire with the Conference with the chair.
Full page ad published in CI July 2023, p. 46