The Congress of Chemistry Costa Rica aims to join academic and industry researchers, together with governmental officials and the general public to share scientific information and promote international collaborations.
The main topic for the 2024 Congress is Climate Change, and how chemistry can help to address these changes. The selected motto is “Chemistry: a solution for global changes”. This topic is very relevant at the present time, and Costa Rican researchers have interesting works on biodiversity and climate change topics. Moreover, the aims and scope of the conference are related with the sustainable development goals from the United Nations, especially the goals 4, 6, 11 and 17.
The Congress will include a Subsection of Simposio Costarricense de Biofísica / Costa Rican Biophysics Symposium while the scientific program will be divided in 11 areas:
– Teaching of Chemistry and related sciences
– Chemistry in Environmental Emergent Pollutant Studies
– Chemistry and Information Technologies
– Chemistry in Agro-Food Sciences
– Chemistry in Energy Sources
– Chemistry and Environmental Contamination
– Chemistry and Nanotechnology
– Chemistry and Metrology
– Chemistry and the interdisciplinary studies with biological sciences
– Chemistry and Materials Sciences
All these areas were selected as relevant in today’s applicability for academic and industrial research, both national and international.
Contact: Carlos Vega Aguilar, Universidad de Costa Rica, Chair of the IAB and of the Local Organizing Committee
E-mail: [email protected]