The ISSP series aims to provide an international forum for the presentation and discussion of all research centered on solubility-controlling phenomena in condensed matter. This applies to industrial, environmental, and repository areas of science. Educational (postdoctoral and undergraduate) participation will continue to be a main feature. Solubility impacts many areas of science and the conference attracted wide international participation. This very well established symposium held once every two years gathers international experts on solubility studies to exchange new research and concepts, especially on the following aspects:
- Quantitative description of solubility processes within the concepts of equilibrium thermodynamics;
- Treatment of solubility and equilibrium phenomena in materials design and practical applications;
- Improved experimental tools and methodology to analyze solution chemistry and solubility phenomena
- Concept of solubility in (nuclear) waste disposal strategies;
- Use of ionic liquids and advanced solvents to support green chemistry and industry.
The ISSP-20 will especially highlight the general importance of solubility phenomena in various settings ranging from green chemistry to nuclear waste disposal and modern technical applications.
ISSP-20 will be in Bragança, Portugal, from 4-9 Sep 2022
Prof. Simão Pedro Pinho
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
5300-253 Bragança, Portugal
E-mail: [email protected]
See also 2022 FRANZOSINI AWARD – Call for Nominations
Related project 2022-002-2-500 – Assessment of Reliability and Uncertainty of Solubility Data