The President has convened a special Meeting of Council, under the provisions of IUPAC Statute 5.2, to take place virtually on Saturday 4th June 2022 at 09.00 EDT (UTC-4) with one agenda item: Discussion and voting on the proposal from Bureau for a revised version of the IUPAC Statutes, Bylaws and Standing Orders relating to changes to the IUPAC organizational structure.
Following the August 2021 Council meeting and Organization Review discussions, Bureau has been working to adapt the Statutes, Bylaws and Standing Orders based upon the recommendations of the Review Group. Attached you will find the following details for your review and consideration; this constitutes the Special Council Meeting Agenda Book:
(originally shared by email 2 Dec 2021)
· Letter from the president to Council members (PDF)
· Letter convening the Special Council Meeting (PDF)
· Current Statutes, Bylaws and Standing Orders (PDF)
· Proposal for revised Statutes, Bylaws and Standing Orders (PDF)
· Diagram and key showing principal functional relationships (PDF)
If you have any questions or comments regarding the information, please do not hesitate to reach out to Prof. Brett <[email protected]>, Prof. Javier García Martínez <[email protected]>, and/or Prof. Hartshorn <[email protected]>.
· Presentation summary (as of 2 Dec 2021) (PDF)
· Follow-up letter from the president (2 May 2022) (PDF)
· Assignment of Delegate Votes for the 4 June 2022 (PDF to be updated June 3)
The change in Statutes and Bylaws requires two-thirds of the total number of votes assigned. (S16.3)
Zoom Meeting ID: 879 0170 5343
(Passcode provided by email to registered delegates)
See also project details leading to the Organizational Structure Review (project 2020-007-1-020).