The Subcommittee on Toxicology is open to members of the Chemistry and Human Health Division (Div VII) who are involved in current IUPAC projects, or are interested in submitting IUPAC projects related to toxicology and risk assessment. The objectives of the Subcommittee are defined by the following terms of reference:
- (i) To coordinate projects relating to toxicology and risk assessment and to provide a forum for discussing their progress.
- (ii) To provide a forum for initiating new project submissions in toxicology and risk assessment appropriate to Division VII.
- (iii) To report to the Division VII President and the Division Committee on the progress of current projects and to initiate new projects.
- (iv) To provide connections to other organizations concerned with toxicology, such as the International Union of Toxicology (IUTOX), the International Programme for Chemical Safety (IPCS), The Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the International Union of Pharmacology (IUPHAR), other national and international toxicology and clinical chemistry societies, and chemical industry health and safety groups.
- (v) To interact with chemists in the chemical Industry worldwide in the field of toxicology and risk assessment.
- (vi) To offer advice to the Division President and Committee on matters concerning toxicology and risk assessment, in all their aspects from the purely chemical to the protection of human health and the natural environment (See also: Presentation from Glasgow GA August 2009 (pdf file-5.83MB).
- 2009-034-2-700: Risk Assessment of Effects of Cadmium on Human Health
- 2010-051-1-700: !! Completed – Oct 2014 !! Advances in Immunochemistry and Application in Human Health
- 2011-032-1-700: Concepts in Toxicology, Instructional Materials
- 2013-001-2-700: Glossary of terms used in neurotoxicology and reproductive and developmental toxicology
- 2013-006-1-700: Preparation of a consolidated and extended IUPAC Glossary of Terms Used in Toxicology
- 2013-007-1-700: Recent Advances in Nanoparticles and Colloidal Systems and their Impact on Human Health
- 2013-023-1-700: Toxicology in the Classroom II