Guidelines for IUPAC Representation at Meetings of International/Regional Organizations
1. A list shall be drawn up biennially by the President, in consultation with the Secretariat, and approved by the Executive Committee, of organizations for which the Union will provide full funding for IUPAC representation. In addition, those organizations shall be identified, for which partial funding may be provided for such representation.
2. The list of official IUPAC Representatives ON Other Organizations shall be reviewed by the outgoing President of the Union in consultation with the incoming President and the Secretary General.
3. In the case of special requests for IUPAC representation, funding (full or partial) may be granted by the President, subject to the restricted funds available and, if necessary, approval of the Treasurer.
4. Each IUPAC representative is responsible for ascertaining potential interest of various IUPAC bodies and ensuring that he/she is properly briefed on the subject before attending the meeting.
5. Each IUPAC representative to a meeting of another organization is required to submit a brief report on its activities, recommendations for any IUPAC activities-collaborative or otherwise- based on the meeting attended, and a recommendation about future IUPAC involvement with the organization. Failure to provide such a report will jeopardize future funding by IUPAC of representation to meetings of the organization.
|ON||organization link||IUPAC rep.||Div. Support.|
|Science History Institute||SHI||Lynn Soby|
|Committee on Antarctic Research of ISC||SCAR||Rai Kookana|
|Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management||SAICM||Anna Makarova|
|OPCW Advisory Board on Education and Outreach||OPCW/ABEO||Jan Apotheker|
|The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons||OPCW||Christopher Brett|
|JCGM Working Group on the International Vocabulary of Metrology (VIM)||JCGM-WG2||Jeremy Frey||Div V|
|JCGM Working Group on the International Vocabulary of Metrology (VIM)||JCGM-WG2||Zoltan Mester||Div V|
|JCGM Working Group on the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM)||JCGM-WG1||Juris Meija||Div V|
|JCGM Working Group on the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM)||JCGM-WG1||Div V|
|International Union of Pure and Applied Physics||IUPAP||Christopher Brett|
|International Union of Pure and Applied Physics||IUPAP||Lars Ohrstrom||Div II|
|Nanotechnologies||ISO/TC 229||Edwin Constable||Div VIII|
|Clinical laboratory testing and in vitro diagnostic test systems||ISO/TC 212||Div VII|
|Committee on reference materials||ISO/REMCO||Div V|
|International Science Council||ISC||Christopher Brett|
|International Council of Chemical Associations||ICCA||Colin Humphris|
|Inter Agency Meeting||IAM||Zoltan Mester||Div V|
|Latin American Federation of Chemical Associations||FLAQ||Javier Garcia-Martinez|
|Federation of African Societies of Chemistry||FASC||Richard Hartshorn|
|Federation of Asian Chemical Societies||FACS||Qi-Feng Zhou|
|European Chemical Society||EuCheMS||Christopher Brett|
|Committee on Space Research of ISC||COSPAR||Javier Garcia-Martinez|
|Committee on Data of ISC||CODATA||Jeremy Frey|
|Cooperation on International Traceability in Analytical Chemistry||CITAC||Ilya Kuselman|
|Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology||BIPM/JCGM||Jurgen Stohner|
|International Committee on Weights and Measures/Consultative Committee for Units||BIPM/CCU||Roberto Marquardt|
|International Committee on Weights and Measures/Consultative Committee for Amount of Substance: Metrology in Chemistry and Biology||BIPM/CCQM||Zoltan Mester|
|PhosAgro/UNESCO/IUPAC||(link to UNESCO)||Christopher Brett|
|CODATA Executive Board||Richard Hartshorn|
|Eurachem||Filomena Camoes||Div V|
|InChI Trust||Richard Hartshorn|