The one day course is especially targeted to the young researchers from developing countries. The course is aimed at providing intensive interactive tutorial in modern techniques of polymer characterization.
This Educational Project in Polymer Characterization is particularly suited for students and young researchers from developing countries. Intensive training will be provided by the distinguished scientists from reputed laboratories of the world.
Since the tutorial proceeds an important international conference (World Forum on Advanced Materials: POLYCHAR 19), the tutorial serves as a good opportunity to prepare the students for their participation in the following conference POLYCHAR 19, where many of them are given the chance to present their scientific works. The tutorial takes the advantage of the fact that the course lecturers are also the participants of POLYCHAR 19 and are available for the students for fruitful discussions. With the tutorial being an independent event, the chronological proximity and order have been proven to be of great benefit for the success of the short course.
It is expected that the course will be particularly advantageous for the new researchers from Nepal and neighboring countries to become acquitted with modern trends and techniques of advanced materials characterization.
The Courses on Polymer Characterization planned for 2011 are as follows
- Chromatography of Polymers: Dusan Berek, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
- Polymer Characterization by Scattering Techniques: Valerio Causin, Padova University, Padova
- Electron Microscopy of Polymers: Goerg H. Michler, Martin Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg, Halle/Saale
- Mechanical Properties and Polymer Tribology: Witold Brostow, University of North Texas, Denton & Chris J. Plummer, EPFL, Lausane
- Glass transitions in glassy polymers and other disordered materials: Jean Marc Saiter, University of Rouen, Rouen
- Dynamic mechanical and calorimetrical analysis: Michael Hess, University of Siegen , Siegen
- Application of IR Sspectroscopy in Polymer Science: H. W. Siesler, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Functionalization and Characterization of Macromolecules: Speaker to be confirmed
> See POLYCHAR 19 (20-24 March 2011, Katmandu, Nepal) report in CI Sep 2011 https://iupac.org/publications/ci/2011/3305/cc1_200311.html