IUPAC/CITAC Workshop “Metrology, Quality and Chemometrics – Correlation of Test Results and Mass Balance Influence on Conformity Assessment”, scheduled for 19-20 Jan 2021 in conjunction with ISRANALYTICA Conference and Exhibition, Israel, is postponed to Jan 2022 because of COVID-19. However, an update as a web-seminar (zoom meeting) will be provided free of charge on 21 Jan 2021, 16:00 to 18:00 IST (Jerusalem time, UTC+2 hours).
> VIEW RECORDING!
The tentative program (as of 16 Oct 2020):
● Dr. Zoltan Mester, NRC, Canada. Opening remarks and welcoming of the IUPAC ACD President and CITAC Vice-Chair.
● Dr. Bernd Güttler, PTB, Germany. CITAC update – Foreword by CITAC Chair.
● Dr. Michela Sega, INRIM, Italy. CITAC as a stakeholder of the IUPAC project – Welcoming of CITAC Past Chair and the Web-seminar Moderator.
● Dr. Ilya Kuselman, Independent Consultant on Metrology, Israel. IUPAC/CITAC Guide “Evaluation of risks of false decisions in conformity assessment of a multicomponent material or object due to measurement uncertainty” and correlation of test results.
● Dr. Francesca R. Pennecchi, INRIM, Italy. Influence of a mass balance constraint on risks in conformity assessment of substances and materials.
● Em. Prof. D. Brynn Hibbert, School of Chemistry, UNSW Sydney, Australia. Metrology and the law: presenting chemical measurements to the courts.
● Dr. Angelique Botha, NMISA, South Africa. Development of guidance for the production of high purity reference materials.
The lectures will be recorded and published on YouTube. Links to them will be available here on IUPAC webpage https://iupac.org/event/metrology-quality-and-chemometrics/ and CITAC website www.citac.cc (Conferences & Workshops).
Questions/comments? contact: Dr. Ilya Kuselman, email@example.com
UPDATED Agenda_IUPAC-CITAC_webinar (PDF), v.16Oct2020
As originally planned, the International Workshop is to be organized in conjunction with ISRANALYTICA Conference and Exhibition and will include discussions on the following topics:
– use of measurement uncertainty as a parameter of quality of test results;
– evaluation of correlation of test results of concentrations of different components as another quality parameter of the results;
– influence of mass balance on correlation of the test results, measurement uncertainty and, therefore, on probabilities of false decisions on conformity of the material or object;
– ways of minimization of measurement uncertainty and quality improvement.
The workshop will be a platform for dissemination of the “IUPAC/CITAC Guide for evaluation of risks of conformity assessment of a multicomponent material or object due to measurement uncertainty” (IUPAC project 2018-004-1-500) and for presentation of the development of the more recent project 2019-012-1-500 “Influence of mass balance constraint on uncertainty of test results of a substance or materials and risks in its conformity assessment“.
The workshop is postponed to January 2022, in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Contact: Dr. Ilya Kuselman, Independent Consultant on Metrology, Israel, firstname.lastname@example.org
See relevant IUPAC project 2019-012-1-500