IUPAC/CITAC Workshop “Metrology, Quality and Chemometrics – Correlation of Test Results and Mass Balance Influence on Conformity Assessment”, scheduled for 19-20 Jan 2021 in conjunction with ISRANALYTICA Conference and Exhibition, Israel, is postponed to Jan 2022 because of COVID-19. However, an update as a web-seminar (zoom meeting) will be provided free of charge on 21 Jan 2021, 16:00 to 18:00 IST (Jerusalem time, UTC+2 hours).
The tentative program of the seminar:
● Dr. Zoltan Mester, NRC, Canada. Opening remarks and welcoming introduction of the IUPAC ACD President and CITAC Vice-Chair.
● Dr. Ilya Kuselman, Independent Consultant on Metrology, Israel. IUPAC/CITAC Guide “Evaluation of risks of false decisions in conformity assessment of a multicomponent material or object due to measurement uncertainty” and correlation of test results.
● Dr. Francesca R. Pennecchi, INRIM, Italy. Influence of a mass balance constraint on risks in conformity assessment of substances and materials.
● Em. Prof. D. Brynn Hibbert, School of Chemistry, UNSW Sydney, Australia. Metrology and the law: presenting chemical measurements to the courts.
● Dr. Stephen L.R. Ellison, LGC Ltd, UK. Revision of the Eurachem/CITAC Guide “Use of uncertainty information in compliance assessment”.
● Dr. Angelique Botha, NMISA, South Africa. Development of guidance for the production of high purity reference materials.
The zoom meeting link:
Meeting ID: 948 7551 0660
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,94875510660# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,,94875510660# US (Germantown)
The lectures will be recorded and published on YouTube. Links to them will be available here on IUPAC webpage https://iupac.org/event/metrology-quality-and-chemometrics/ and CITAC website www.citac.cc (Conferences & Workshops).
Questions/comments? contact: Dr. Ilya Kuselman, firstname.lastname@example.org
As originally planned, the International Workshop is to be organized in conjunction with ISRANALYTICA Conference and Exhibition and will include discussions on the following topics:
– use of measurement uncertainty as a parameter of quality of test results;
– evaluation of correlation of test results of concentrations of different components as another quality parameter of the results;
– influence of mass balance on correlation of the test results, measurement uncertainty and, therefore, on probabilities of false decisions on conformity of the material or object;
– ways of minimization of measurement uncertainty and quality improvement.
The workshop will be a platform for dissemination of the “IUPAC/CITAC Guide for evaluation of risks of conformity assessment of a multicomponent material or object due to measurement uncertainty” (IUPAC project 2018-004-1-500) and for presentation of the development of the more recent project 2019-012-1-500 “Influence of mass balance constraint on uncertainty of test results of a substance or materials and risks in its conformity assessment“.
The workshop is postponed to January 2022, in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Contact: Dr. Ilya Kuselman, Independent Consultant on Metrology, Israel, email@example.com
See relevant IUPAC project 2019-012-1-500